We are still talking about Body Contouring. Today we are going to give you a list of Key Questions to ask your Plastic Surgeon.
Although this list may not be a complete list of questions you want to discuss with your plastic surgeon, it is a great starting point. So here goes…
1. Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
2. Are you a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery or the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery?
3. What are the options available to treat this area of concern? What are the pros and cons associated with these procedures?
4. Am I a good candidate for all the procedures involved? If not, which procedures will be best for me?
5. What do I, as the patient, need to do before and after surgery to get the best results?
6. How long will it take to recover? Will it require time off from work?
7. What are the risks and complications involved with these procedures? What do I need to do if I am having a complication?
8. What result can I reasonably expect from these procedures?
9. Do you have before and after photos of each of these procedures that you have performed on patients similar to me?
10. What should I do if I don’t like my results?
We hope you find this list to be useful! Check back next week as we explore the Types of Procedures Commonly Used in Body Contouring. If you have questions concerning body contouring or want to schedule a body contouring consultation, please give our office a call at 205-930-1600. Dr. Cohn is a board certified plastic surgeon by the American Society of Plastic Surgeon and is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.