What’s So Great About BOTOX® Cosmetic?
Posted September 18, 2017 in BOTOX® Cosmetic
No matter how hard we try to stop it from happening, aging is inevitable. Cosmetic surgery offers the option to reverse the signs of aging when over-the-counter treatments and healthy skin care regimens have failed. With so many advancements and technologies in the field of plastic surgery, patients can achieve beautiful results that are tailored to their needs. Many people are requesting less invasive options to avoid the incisions, downtime, and anesthesia involved with surgery.
Even as different injectables come out on the market, there is one injectable that maintains its popularity: BOTOX® Cosmetic. According to American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery statistics, the top non-surgical procedure in 2016 was BOTOX® Cosmetic. In fact, BOTOX® Cosmetic made up more than four million of the cosmetic procedures performed last year. Why does BOTOX® Cosmetic continue to stay at the top of the plastic surgery trend?
Benefits of BOTOX® Cosmetic
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a brand name most people have come to know. It can diminish signs of aging to rejuvenate a person’s facial appearance significantly. Here are other reasons BOTOX® Cosmetic continues to maintain its popularity:
- Smoothes fine lines and wrinkles: BOTOX® Cosmetic can target dynamic wrinkles such as forehead lines, crow’s feet, and furrows between the brows. It can smooth these upper facial lines to provide a more youthful appearance.
- Little to no downtime: After BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment, patients can immediately return home and resume regular activities. However, patients should refrain from touching or applying any pressure on the treatment area and avoid sun exposure for the first few days.
- Minimal pain: Most patients will feel very little pain during their BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment. Swelling and bruising is minimal and will subside within a few days. Some patients may experience bleeding from the injection site that will cease within a few hours.
- Quick results: Although there may be some swelling and redness following treatment, most BOTOX® Cosmetic patients will see immediate results with reduced signs of aging and smoother facial skin.
- No anesthesia: Most surgical procedures require intravenous (IV) sedation or a general anesthetic. BOTOX® Cosmetic does not require any anesthesia or sedation and can be performed in the office within an hour.
If you would like to learn more about BOTOX® Cosmetic and what it can help you achieve, schedule a consultation with Dr. Cohn today! Contact us by calling (205) 590-9900 or by filling out our online contact form.