No matter how much we try to deny or stall it, aging is inevitable. Many people find themselves looking in the mirror and feeling dissatisfied with their reflection. Fine lines, wrinkles, and creases start to reveal a person’s true age. Some might sit there staring at their reflection, pulling back their facial skin to see how they would look if they could take years off of their appearance. If only there was a way they could lift the face to make it look more youthful. Well, there is! Plastic surgery offers a variety of options to provide patients with an individualized plan to lift their faces into shape. Dr. Cohn can perform one or a combination of procedures to restore and rejuvenate the face.
What Are My Lifting Options
Every facial procedure is designed to specifically target certain characteristics of the face. The following facial surgeries are available to help a person lift and enhance their facial appearance:
- Facelift surgery: The underlying facial tissues are addressed by tightening the skin and muscles. An incision is made in the hairline beginning near each temple that continues down around the ears and ends in the lower scalp.
- A facelift can correct:
- Sagging skin in the midface and lower jowls
- Nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines
- Loss of muscle tone in the lower face
- A double chin
- Creasing or sagging in the neck
- Eyelid lift: Sagging in the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both can be corrected by removing loose skin and displaced fat deposits from the eyes. Incisions can be made within the natural folds of the upper eyelids (upper eyelid surgery) or hidden inside the lower eyelids (lower eyelid surgery).
- An eyelid lift can correct:
- Excess skin obstructing the natural folds of the eyelids
- Loose upper eyelid skin that may block one’s vision
- Puffy upper eyelids
- Eyelid wrinkles
- Bags and dark circles under the eyes
- Brow lift: This procedure is also known as a forehead lift, and it repositions low or sagging eyebrows. Depending on the patient’s needs, the incision is made either in the hairline around the forehead or horizontally along the forehead to redirect the eyebrows.
- A brow lift can correct:
- Sagging eyebrows
- Frown lines between the eyes
- Horizontal lines across the forehead
- Excess skin in the upper eyelids caused by drooping brows
- Neck lift: This procedure improves signs of aging in the neck by addressing sagging skin, creases, loss of muscle tone, and excess fatty deposits. An incision is made under the chin (and sometimes around the ears) to tighten the neck muscles and remove any excess fat.
- A neck lift can correct:
- Excess fat and skin in the neck
- Folds and lines on the neck skin
- An undefined jawline
Depending on your facial features and goals, Dr. Cohn can help you decide if one or a combination of our facial procedures is right for you. Schedule your consultation today! Contact us by calling (205) 930-1600 or by filling out our online contact form.