Dear Cohn Plastic Surgery patients, family, and friends,
These are certainly unsettling times, and all of us here at Grotting & Cohn Plastic Surgery recognize the anxiety and concerns surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Please rest assured that our patients’ health and well-being has and always will be our number one priority. This reminder bears repeating in the face of the concerns and considerations posed by this current pandemic. To that end, we want to share some of the steps that we are taking to ensure that we are doing everything we can to protect one another from spreading the virus. It is our genuine intention and promise to respect the recommendations and best practices made by health professionals regarding social-distancing and hygiene.
- As a surgical office, we know how important cleanliness is, and we always strive to maintain the highest standards of hygiene and sterility. To provide further protection and peace of mind, we have increased both the frequency and extensivity of our office cleaning routines. Between each patient, each exam room will have all relevant surfaces wiped down with disinfectants that are effective against the coronavirus.
- Rest assured that hand washing by us and all of our staff is strictly followed. Hand sanitizer is available to all staff and patients and in each exam room. We are all adhering to a no handshake policy.
- To minimize use of our communal waiting room we are requiring the following protocol:
- a.) Patients arriving for a surgical procedure may enter the office at the time specified by our office.
- b.) All other patients must wait in the car and call 205-590-9900, to let the receptionist know you have arrived. We are committed to scheduling fewer patients per hour so that when you arrive, you can go directly into a freshly cleaned exam room.
- We are offering telehealth services for follow up appointments to accommodate patients that do not want to come into our office.
- We ask that all patients with upper respiratory symptoms (such as cough, fever, shortness of breath) cancel and reschedule their appointments. We advise you to call your family doctor if you have any of these symptoms. Additionally, if you have recently traveled to a country with high rates of coronavirus or have been on a cruise, we would ask that you please reschedule your visit for at least 14 days.
- Patients are asked to wear a mask upon entering the lobby. If you do not have a mask one will be provided. Upon arrival the receptionist will take your temperature and have you fill out a Covid-19 prescreening questionnaire.
- We are limiting outside vendors and reps from elective visitation in our office over the next several weeks.
- We are currently fully prepared to perform all scheduled surgical procedures and are taking all necessary precautions to ensure your safety and well-being. We will adjust our surgical schedule to follow best-practices and recommendations encouraged by relevant medical experts and our professional societies.
While the COVID-19 situation and appropriate response remain fluid, please know that we are doing everything we can to limit your exposure and risk. We will keep you updated as our response is adjusted to maintain the health and well-being of our patients and community. Please check our website and social media accounts for the most current information on our real-time response and adjustment to the pandemic.
Until then, we remain available to answer any questions and be of assistance in any way that we are capable. Wishing each of you health and best wishes during this uncertain and difficult period.
Dr. Cohn and staff
Cohn Plastic Surgery
3127 Blue Lake Drive
Vestavia Hills, Al 35243